Monday, April 21, 2008

Sir Charles Voices His Oppinion On Tejada

By and large, Miguel Tejada probably walked into the interview with ESPN at Citizen's Bank Park thinking the hardest question he would have to answer was something about steroids (of which he has been accused of taking). However, Tejada was instead greeted with a birth certificate obtained by ESPN through the Dominican Republic's government showing the baseball player had been lying about his age. One of my favorite analysts from TNT, Charles Barkley (or Sir Charles which I prefer) voiced his opinion about the subject on Dan Patrick's radio show. Just a few of his comments included:

"I thought what they did to Miguel Tejada was one of the most Bush League things I've ever seen."

"I would have slapped the hell out of that guy."

I absolutely love the blunt and honest response we have come to expect from Charles Barkley about any issue that comes up. In baseball and any other sport, age is a pretty important detail in regards to contract negotiation. I am just glad several people are already standing up for Tejada (even though I hate the Astros) in a world where media automatically puts a negative light on everything to get popularity. Is two years that big of a deal? I don't think so.

Here is a Youtube video of the actual conversation.

No comments: