Tuesday, April 29, 2008

OMG Chess Is For Nerds

The nostalgia of a game can leave any gamer wanting more story long after the final credits have passed. Luckily the gaming community has devoted fans that are willing to create fan fiction beyond the developer’s original intentions. Lately, I have stumbled upon several sights that have given a new twist to the meaning of games.

One video in particular, “A day in the life of a turret” from www.theleetworld.com, made me laugh beyond belief last evening. The video displays the normal work day of a couple of turrets who work for Aperture Science Labs. The witty banter that ensues between the two is priceless. Anyone who has completed Portal and enjoyed the infamous ”ending credits song” will be amused.



After watching the video, I have grown fond of other video series that give me video game characters in everyday life situations. I strongly recommend Street Fighter the Later Years from www.collegehumor.com. I will post more videos as I discover them. Enjoy!

http://www.collegehumor.com/tag:street-fighter-the-later-years

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHH so there IS cake. Best game ever haha

Eric said...

'See you in hell cube.' Classic.

Unknown said...

So good......