Monday, March 24, 2008

Just Some Of My Poetry

Plastic wraps around the fitting shape of smoothness
That’s what I like to taste I say
Because when you want something sweet you don’t ask for her
You don’t ask for an understanding
You don’t ask for a truth
You ask for something for which there is no response
A symbol
A sign composed of symbols
Printed in black, white, grey
Looking at yourself in a mirror from a piece of paper
That seems to send the sharpest slightest cuts from its edge
Deep inside you something crawls
Nothing foreign
Nothing new
Nothing for which to fear
But rather to merely contemplate once again in a night full of headphones and
music
Because tonight, like every other night, is that night
The heat pretends to smile at you, but you wear your hoodie
Not because you think it looks cool, not because it is the latest fashion
But because of comfort, comfort from those that tend to forget loyalty
Just let me taste wood
Crack my teeth across splinters that surround me
Encompass me like a man trapped in solace
And perhaps, you can then sit there and tell me to get extreme
You may even be able to tell me to move on
But right now, I’m not at that stage of this act
There isn’t a curtain being dropped by an ending scene
Nor a cloud of dust surrounding the innocent
You look forward to the burning sensation
Use your thumb to light the fire
Encompass the smoke into the place where you only can breathe
And take away the air that is normality
Because tonight you feel free
Tonight you feel enhanced
Tonight you feel

No comments: